Friday, February 1, 2008

Pandora's Box

So, I have found a new treat, whose usefulness rivals that of my iPod for listening enjoyment at work. It's called Pandora. Sure, this won't be a big discovery to most. I actually have known about it for quite some time, but have only recently used it. It's a delight because it makes your own personal radio station based on your music preferences, and it totally kicks Yahoo's butt in doing it.
My music stylings based on my preferences are quite varied, and as such I get some interesting music. As it stands now, I rarely have to skip songs, which makes me pretty happy.
So I turned it on today, and shortly after beginning it, I was busy at work, and I noticed there was a catchy tune playing. I kind of recognized it, and was kinda humming along and then it got to the chorus: "I don't want anybody else, When I think about you, I touch myself." I was suddenly transported back to the 90s by this jem by the DiVinyls.
As the music had a catchy tune, I decided to keep listening to it (the tune, and I am not sure if I have a limit to the songs I can skip), and then I got to thinking. My thoughts are these: A) I don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home, but I don't think I want to hear about it in song. B) Did the DiVinyls really hope to have a follow-up hit after that song? How could they top that?
Anyway, try out Pandora, it's really pretty handy.

2 comments:

Sydney said...

Dude! I love Pandora! I heard about it at USU and forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me!!

Shelley said...

I have that song stuck in my head now... and I read this posting days ago. Thanks alot.