Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Love the 80s

I really don't love the 80s, except for the fact that I am a product of that decade. The fashion, the music, the movies, the television programming--they're all kinda weird. Of course, there are classics from that era. I liked (and still do like) the Cosby Show, but what was the obsession with things from outer space (or at least a sci-fi theme): ALF? Knight Rider? Small Wonder? I recall there being one about a girl, whose father was dead, or in outer space, but she could talk to him through a diamond-shaped, flip-top box. I can't remember the name of that one, but these all are some weird premises for shows.
In music, there are some dismal tunes that came from that time (I would say that U2's "With or Without You" is truly an exception, and is one of the most timeless songs ever--my opinion obviously), but as bad as many were/are, every once in a while, you hear one, and it makes you happy. Today, for instance, I came into my office where I had put on Pandora, and they were playing "If You Leave" by OMD, and I kinda liked it more today than any other time I have heard it, which surely must have been over 100 times in my lifetime. Click the link to watch it, since this computer doesn't allow me to embed the video. If I remember, I'll do it at home.

1 comment:

AmandaStretch said...

I love this song. Thanks for sharing!