Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super-duper Tuesday




I know I complained about primary election coverage and how the whole dang thing needs to be over about two weeks ago. But now, at about 12:30 in the morning after Super-Tuesday guess who is still up, waiting for the results. That's right, it's me. It's been an interesting night. I am shocked about how well Huckabee has done. It hasn't been the knock-out race that McCain had wanted, but surprisingly, it hasn't been Romney who has been getting in the way. It's pretty fascinating to me. I don't mind cause, a). Huck's doing well, doesn't do well for Romney overall (I know I am being a bad Mormon by not backing Willard, but he just seems like a sleazy politician to me) b). I like that the under-dog can really do well in this country and, c). This means that the republicans still won't solidly be behind one candidate, which bodes well for my peeps.
On the Democratic front, my man, Obama is doing well. He could be doing better, but he has done far better than anyone would have imagined about a month and a half ago. Though I am a fan of the Democrats, I am terrified that they will ultimately nominate Hillary. She is also doing well (I just checked and it looks like right now, she just won California--Expletive deleted). Her doing well really scares me, because I don't think she can win in November. Besides that, if she does win in November, I don't think she'll be capable of the change that we need in this country. She's the establishment. Nothing will change under her. I may be wrong, and I hope I am. But I want the best for this country that has given me so much, and I think the right direction is one in which Barack Obama would lead us, and sadly, the thought of another term with the Clintons makes me not want to vote at all, cause heaven knows I won't be voting for a Republican.
Boy this is a roller coaster ride. Let's hope after tonight, Barack can continue on with his message of hope. And then next Tuesday, I can vote for him here.

2 comments:

Sydney said...

Ok... sleezy poitician?? Please look at what Huckabee and McCain have been up to to make sure that Romney doesn't do well. It's amazing to me that the american people are buying into their lies and dirty ways to make themselves look good when in reality they DON'T! I think Romney is one of the only decent ones in the race! :) And you know how I feel about Clinton and Obama... :)

Klemm said...

I'm glad you were up late too. It was seriously hard for me to go to bed. I kept putting it off another half hour, another half hour, and so on. I'm still all sorts of mixed up. I have no idea who I'm going to vote for Tuesday. Your comment about Hillary winning California made me laugh.