Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Work

Since I have on many occasions complained about riding on the DC Metro, and in general make it known that I hate it, I think it only fair to note that today was an absolutely pleasant ride into work. I showed up at my usual time, and a train arrived shortly thereafter. Much to my surprise, it was (well, I can't say empty) rather un-full. I had a seat, and I proceeded to read my paper in peace until I got to my stop. This pleased my soul immensely. Now it's just seven excruciating hours 'til I get to ride home, let's hope it's equally as pleasant.

2 comments:

Sydney said...

Oh the brief respit in the midst of our chaotic lives... a nice metro ride.

Jen said...

reading about your ride into works makes me glad I live in the burbs driving my minivan around where ever I want to go! Not very environmental, but much more convenient