Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Devil, thy name is Oreo

I've got a confession to make. I have an addiction. It's sad, but true. I love mint Oreo cookies, and you know who I blame? My roommate. I have had an affinity for these delectable little treats in the past, but a month or two ago, said roommate started buying them in mass quantities and like a real druggy, gave me a free "hit," sharing them with me. Then they became standard fare when we would watch movies. Then I started buying them sometimes. Now, we pretty much have them in stock in our apartment. I think that, along with their minty goodness, they must have crack in them.
Tonight, as a matter of fact, we got pizza, and on our way home I said, "hey, you know what would be good?....mint Oreos." Turns out, he was thinking the same thing. We went to the Giant to find some, and guess what, they were sold out. Then we went to the CVS nearby. None to be found. My roommate was getting a little anxious by this time, worried that maybe mint Oreos had been discontinued, and we would never be able to enjoy them again. He started rocking back and forth, scratching his neck nervously while we decided where we would look next (so maybe I exaggerated a little her).
We decided to go to the Giant in Vienna. Vindication!!! As we began our journey home, we listened to Queen's "We are the champions" in victory. When we arrived home, we celebrated by eating a lot of them. Mmmm Mmmm Good!!
In my humble opinion, mint Oreo cookies are bout the best treat around. If you haven't tried them already, you should. You will love them too.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Have your tried the Safeway brand version "Tuxedos" yet? You need to. I think they are a million times better. And I love mint Oreos. More filling and little flecks of chocolate in the mint. Now I want some. So good.

Sydney said...

haha!! I hear they help with conquoring the world as well. They are veru yummy and every time I go over to your guys' apartment I am delighted when you offer me some of the delightful minty yumminess. Thank you! lol

Anne said...

I'm with Shelley. The Tuxedos are far superior!

Darin said...

Lies Shelly and Anne, Lies!!!
I tried the Tuxedos from Safeway. They are good, really good, but I still prefer the Oreos, just a little. However, for the bargain price of 2/$4.00 I can surely enjoy the Tuxedos