Tuesday, January 8, 2008

You Say Global Warming, I Say Wintertime Delight

So here's the deal. I don't think Al Gore was all that crazy. I did fall asleep while watching "An Inconvenient Truth" last February, but what I did see was pretty interesting. Nonetheless, I think something must be in the air (CO2 gasses I guess). You see, today is January 8, in the year of our Lord, 2008, I am no historian, but as I recall, January was supposed to be cold. Right? Currently, it is 9:00 a.m. and it's 52 degrees, en route to be 72 this afternoon. Something doesn't quite seem right. Don't get me wrong, I bitch (which, I don't think should be counted as a swear in a verb form) like no one's business when it's cold out--you can thank two years in Brazil for that, but now I am a little upset that I bought a beanie and an ice scraper from the book store at my college back in Utah over Christmas, and have no use for them yet.
Polar bears are drowning people!! We need to do something! Like what, I am not sure. I think I did my part to reduce my carbon foot print by not owning a car for over a year. When I bought one, I bought a Honda, I think that should count for something. That, and I complain to my roommate about leaving lights on--every little bit helps, you know. Little by little, I can change the world. OH!! and I have a compact, fluorescent light bulb--two actually. So there, I'm green.

And, on a completely unrelated note, (two actually) I got caught repeating a thing that must go yesterday--my smoker neighbors. I was in a hurry and actually thought that I may have complained about them earlier, but didn't check. I am sorry for that, but I do think it bears repeating. Also, I just got an email from the receptionist with her little quote at the bottom that read like this:
"Whenever God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though Sometimes It Is Hell in the Hallway. God Bless the USA!"
What does that even mean? (please don't try to explain--I understand where she's going) And why is it on her WORK email? Maybe this might have to make it into the list of things that must go.

No comments: