Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Another Election, Another Post

Okay, so I am sure most people have heard the sad news from New Hampshire last night. What the hell were they thinking? In all honesty, I don't know why they would vote for Hillary (other than the fact that she's experienced, and is a good campaigner). Like I have said, I'll vote for her if she has the nomination, but I don't think it will matter. Becuase, if she gets the nomination, I would not be surprised if she loses the election that really counts in November. She makes a good case in saying that she is one who could stand up to the republican attack machine. That being said, this very machine is the one that has made her hated by 50% of the country. If that's the case and let's suppose that John McCain has the nomination, Americans will pick him far more easily than her.
We're at a point like this in our country with so much negativity and acrimony in Washington. Politicians are at a stale-mate, and nothing is getting done. What we need is someone who is going to build bridges and aliances to move our country forward. I don't see that happening with Hillary, though she may very well want the best for her country--though the synic in me couldn't help but think that Monday's tears were all too convenient, I thought I saw some sincerity there. She will not be an agent of change, despite her best wishes. If she wins, she'll have four years, in which she'll get nothing done, and then we'll have another republican in the White House.
I could say a lot more, but I won't I really hope that she won't win the nomination. Not that I really have anything against her being president. She would do a great job. She would have to, but there are so many things that are stacked against her that will keep her from having a successful presidency. That worries me. Though Obama would be risky, I have hope with the thought of him being president.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

So, first you said that she shouldn't get the nomination because she 'wouldn't get anything done', but then say don't worry, 'she'll do a great job'? Hmmmm... that's a little confusing to me! hahaahaha! This just proves the fact that we should elect a REPUBLICAN... more importantly MITT ROMNEY!! Build those bridges and get things done!