Monday, January 7, 2008

Today's Things that Must Go!!

Okay, so it is about ten on a Monday morning, and I had completely forgotten that I had my weekly airing of grievances to post. Oops!! And, oddly enough, I don't have a lot to complain about today. However, I am sure that I can find something to whine about--I always do. So here it goes:
1). Me paying more to ride on the Metro with the same lousy service. Today, the fair hikes to ride on Metro went into effect. It stinks!! My thoughts are that I would be willing to pay more if the service levels were to increas in kind. But, as it stands, today, I arrived at the Metro platform and it was already crouded, with five minutes until the next train was scheduled to show up. So by the time it got there the car was packed like on Dollar Days at the Piggly Wiggly (not that I know, just guessing). It's not comfortable, and it doesn't get me to work much more quickly than if I were to drive. So if everything goes according to plan with my moving back to my other office at work, I'll likely begin driving to work in March--here's hoping.
2). People (men) not putting the toilet seat down--growing up with three sisters and a mother, I got plenty of stern talkings to in my life about this subject. As such, I feel it is the responsible thing to do to lower the seat when finished, out of courtesy. Things just don't seem right when the seat is up. When people don't lower the seat, I think ill of them--poor manners, you know. So you can imagine my disgust with many a roommate I have had in my lifetime who has left the seat up. It doesn't bug me enough for me to say anything about it cause it's just as easy for me to put it down myself, so why bother? Actually, come to think of it, it's all-around more easy for me if no one puts the toilet seat down, so why am I complaining? Maybe what should go are people who don't leave the toilet seat up for me.
3). Smoker neighbors--It's their right to smoke if they want I guess, but boy does it bug me that my apartment smells like an ashtray cause the people below me don't want their house to smell like smoke, and as such go out to their balcony, thus exhaling puffs of smoke that waft upstairs and into our heating system. Seriously, my bag that I took home smelled like smoke when I opened it up--this must go!!
I think that's it for now. I wish I could think of more, maybe I am just too cheery today. I'll have to find a ton of stuff to complain about next week I guess.

4 comments:

Joy said...

I grew up with only brothers, and have never had my own bathroom so this strikes a chord with me. One of my biggest pet peeves is when a guy visits my house and doesn't lower the seat. Come on, you're a guest!

Jon said...

I hope you don't consider me one of those crappy-seat-left-up roomates.

;)

Sydney said...

That is hilarious! I never thought that I'd hear a guy say that he prefers the seat left down! Your future wife will be greatful!! Your sister's and mom taught you well. hahaha.

Anne said...

Oh man, I wished I lived at your house. I LOVE the smell of cigarette smoke. Yes, I'm weird, I've accepted this...

I haven't seen you in a while, hope you're doing awesome!