Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fun Facts about Me

Okay, I am bored, so why wouldn't I post something on my blog? So in an attempt to let you know a little more about myself, I shall share a few things about me. They are as follows:
1). I have never broken a bone, nor have I had stitches (knock on wood). Yep, I have had a sheltered life. There was a scary moment in my childhood when my sister dropped me while trying to give me a piggy-back ride. I landed on my face, and my mom was afraid I had broken my nose. I fell out of a tree house once, but all that resulted from that was a lot of splinters. I am scared now that one day, I will get some cosmic payback and I'll have like five trips to the emergency room in a year. Because of that, I live cautiously. So, though I like to say Danger is my middle name (actually I never say that), it really isn't--which leads me to number two
2). I hate my middle name, I always have. It is my father's middle name, which is his mother's maiden name (I may have posted this before). My cousin also shares this middle name. It's awful. It turns out, though, that when people find out my middle initial they want to know what it stands for. After they spout out about ten far more horrible names that begin with H than mine, it makes me appreciate mine even more. Rest assured, that when I have children, I will not pass this on to any of my sons. That tradition will die with me.
3). I am a Democrat. So not so surprising to most anyone who knows me. I am an unabashed, unapologetic supporter of the Democratic party, for now at least. What's more interesting about that is that I am a regular, church-attending Mormon (incase you didn't know like 99% of Mormons are republicans). So, as un-holy as many of my fellow church members may believe the Democrats are, it's actually my religious beliefs that make me lean towards the Democrats--that and a lot of life experiences, including seeing the way that our country has gone to shambles during this current administration. For an interesting read that pretty much explains why I think the way I do about politics, you can read an article that was in my college paper a couple of years back. If you read it, don't just throw up your defensive GOP armor that doesn't allow for any thought different than your own--no matter how much sense the argument may make, and just think about it.
4). Since we're talking about church (kind of)...I open my eyes up during the prayers at church and other church-affiliated activities just to see who else does. There are a few of us. And sometimes there are people who make really funny faces or do awkward things during prayers. It makes church, which can sometimes be a painfully boring experience, more enjoyable.
5). I have had odd jobs that can rival a lot of people's: Duck Killer, Airbag Maker, Shoe and Tire salesman (not together, but at the same company). Ask me about them sometime if you care to find out more.
That's that. Now, you can consider yourself part of my inner circle. I feel like we've bonded. If anyone wants to share random things about themselves on their blogs, that would be welcomed, and would make my work day go more smoothly.

1 comment:

James Clemans said...

I read your article you linked to about being a Democrat because your a Mormon. Interesting.
I'm a Mormon but I don't vote party, I vote individual. I think both parties are corrupt and broken. I study the candidates and issues and vote for the person although for primaries states I live in force me to vote in Primaries by a party.
I too care about social issues, the poor, and volunteer many hours to community and serving others but none of what you listed persuades me to be a democrat although I agree with many of your values.
I must add that 99% of Mormons are not Republican. Far from it. As for parties, a study of the Constitution Party and its conservative values shows more of what you promote. All for now, James