Monday, January 28, 2008

Today's List of Things That Must Go

I need to put this disclaimer out yet again, so as to avoid any possible complaints of my non-originality. It's true, I got the "Things That Must Go" idea from X96 in Salt Lake City. But I like it, and it will stay a (mostly) weekly feature. However some days, like today, I don't have a ton of things to complain about. I think I should try to write them down during the week, that will help me to be a little more bitter on Mondays.
1). Not realizing I left my keys in my office before I make it to the Metro--Not a huge deal for most people, but my situation is different. I work on the top floor of my building in Rosslyn. That's 31 floors. and then I walk the whole distance to the Metro, which works out to be about a block (not a huge deal, but a lot of little deals can add up). I enter and go to the platform, which at most stations wouldn't be anything big, but this is Rosslyn, and I swear it is the largest escalator in the world. Every morning I walk it, and I get 86-90 stairs (that's not including what I am moved, as it is an escalator after all). So I reached the bottom and double-checked to make sure I hadn't left anything, and I couldn't find my keys, and realized I would have to make the trek back. I was none-too-pleased, and this must go--at least never happen again.
2.) Balding men with long hair--I've heard it referred to as the skullet. This is wrong and must go. Mullets, for all that matters, must go too!! I have an acquaintance who seems to be growing one now. It looks kinda/really bad. It kinda reminds me of Nancy McKeon, you know, Jo from the Facts of Life in the later years, when all the ladies from the eighties had mullets.
3.) Ladies hand bags with all the letters on them--I don't care who made your bag, I see them and then my mind starts to wonder "what do those letters mean?" Then I get frustrated cause I can't figure them out. Luckily, I have a gay friend, who has helped to figure these things out. It sets my mind at ease, but then I have to feel weird sometimes cause I know what the C stands for, or what an LV combination means. Anyway, they're stupid bags, and if you paid full price, you're an idiot. If you bought a knock off, it's a better choice, but you still probably paid too much for something to hold your crap.
4.) Since I am on women’s fashion, those ugly ballet flat shoes, are ugly and they must go. I sold shoes for over a year. I look at what shoes people wear. Some of these aren't all that bad, but a lot are, and as such, they all should go.

I think that'll have to suffice for today. As a side note/follow-up to last week. I made toast yesterday, and the smell of it made me want to puke, and my personal toast has never done that to me before.

No comments: