Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sur La Table

I got a table at my house on Saturday. It is really nice to have one after living in my house for 4 1/2 months. Actually, before that, I didn't have a table at my apartment for the six months that I lived there, and before that, we didn't have one at my house in Fairfax for the six months that I lived there.
So, in honor of the momentous occasion, my roommate and I decided to have a couple of folks over for dinner. It was delightful. We had stir-fry and salad. For dessert, brownies a la mode, with chocolate syrup and M&Ms.
It's really nice now. We can have people over now that we have a relatively clean, decently-furnished house. It's exciting!!

This is our dinner party. From left Adam, Eric, Sarah, Melanie, my spot and Sydney.

Afterward, we played Cranium, in which Melanie and I came in a very close second to Eric and Sarah--damn you Oscar Wilde!! After that, I think what was the longest game of Scene It was barely won by Melanie and Me. Kudos to Adam and Sydney on a well-played game.

"What's next?" you may ask. The Superbowl Shindig next Sunday, of course. I hope it'll be loads of fun.

Oh and a very special shout out to Sarah's roommate, Karen, who donated the table to us. We invited her to dinner, but she didn't get the message until after she had eaten dinner with her own family. We'll just have to wait until next time.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Kudos Adam! I think he has seen 90% of all movies ever made. I like your place mats. :)