Monday, June 30, 2008

Today's List of Things That Must Go

So today has been kinda tough to think of things that are irritating to me. It's been a good day. It started out with my getting many salutations from friends and well-wishers on this, the 30th day of June in the year of our Lord, 2008 (including one from Melanie, and one from her parents too). Following the emails, I connected with Melanie via Skype and we had a video call for about 40 minutes--ish (not the best connection, but it was nice). So I was super happy on the way to work, and then when I got to the office, she had sent me a video she had made with pictures of our many adventures since we've been dating. It was super-sweet, and I don't think I'll share it with the whole world (and, yes I do think the whole world reads my blog--they should at least). So here it goes:
1). Roadkill on the way to work. It's unpleasant. I passed a dead raccoon, and two squirrels today.
2). Possibly having to spring for the bosses birthday lunch on your own birthday. Didn't happen yet, and likely won't but there was a possibility. I got an email from a co-worker on Friday (bosses b-day) about a birthday lunch for him today. I thought "sounds fun, but I don't want to have to pay for his lunch that day." (update: coworker/organizer just passed my office and wished me happy birthday, so she's aware, and extending the merriment to me).
3). Parents who don't call you on your birthday--last year I was in New York and only got a call from one sister (you know who you are and thanks BTW) as far as family goes. This year, I'll hope it'll be better, but I consciously decided not to call anyone yesterday so as to not give them an excuse to not to call me. (note to the sibling who actually will read this, don't give anyone a heads up, I wanna see if anyone else remembers)
4). Fireflies only being around for a month or so. They should be around for most of the year. They're super-cool. I never saw them growing up in Utah. My first experience was in Brazil, but now they have them here in VA, and I like them. I want to try to squish one on the sidewalk, to see if it really does glow in the streak where they get smeared (sorry PETA people, I'm curious is all).
And that's that. Maybe I'll be more angry next week. Apparently, though, last week's entry was a little harsh. I got rebuked from a couple of people. So, I'll have to find a happy medium.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's true!!!
I always get to see several fireflies when I go to my farm or on my way back to São Paulo... When I was younger, I used to try chasing it... ahahahahahaha... Lots of fun!!
I hope you enjoy lots your day!!!

goo2girl said...

Re: #3--NKOTB called and said NO MORE GAMES! hahahaha

Jen said...

My bday was Saturday and my in-laws forgot mine! Having your parents forget it worse thought!

Chris Terrell said...

yes it is true, they do leave a glowing streak where they get squirshed. if you can trow one hard enough it will leave glowing stuff on the receivers shirt.