Monday, June 23, 2008

Today's List of Things that Must Go

It's been a while since I have put up my weekly airing of grievances, so I thought that I would mention a few things that, in my humble opinion, should go:
1). The name Mona. I know that no woman has been named this in the past 50 years, and rightly so. No one should have any semblance to the word moan in their name--conjures up all sorts of strange images that shouldn't be associated with a first name.
2). News Reports on High Gas Prices. I know gas costs a lot. I see every time I drive past the Exxon station near my house that it's at $4.15 per gallon. It doesn't make me happy, but I deal with it. Not happily, but I do. I really hope something will be done about it, but having to hear people who make upwards of six figures (or more) try to sympathize with my pain of paying $40 to fill up my little Honda Civic makes me sick. Shut up!! all of you.
3). Mormons (sorry, I write what I know) Who Laugh Way Too Much at Jokes That Don't Deserve Much More Than a Smirk. Drives me nuts, and, in fact, is likely the reason why I won't go to institute this summer. The teacher was fairly funny, showing his wit on many an occasion a couple of weeks ago, but nothing that prompted more than a smile or brief chuckle. However, judging from the reaction from the class, you would have thought it was Laurel and Hardy themselves up at the front of the class. You see it often in General Conference as well. Often, humorous things are said, but not funny to the extent that often is exuded. I sometimes can't help but think "man, these people need to get out more."
4). Stop Lights on My Route to Work. It takes me 22 minutes to get from my house to my parking garage at work. At least seven of these are me waiting at a stop light. It's rather aggravating. In fact, I was at one of them last week for more than five minutes when I thought, "ah, screw it, I'm going, and I turned left." I couldn't handle it any more.
5). Baby On Board Window Stickers. I may have mentioned this before, but they make me mad. I don't give a crap if you child is in your car. Do you really think that effing sign makes me want to drive more carefully around you? Oh no, it really makes me want to rear-end you just to spite you. Don't just suppose that I give a damn that you spawned and now are now carrying your little critter around with you, and as such I should be more careful around your vehicle.
So, that's that. Those things have bugged me over the past few weeks. Sorry it's been a while (like you all really care--I just like to pretend that I have a fan base who is eager to read what I write), but I hope to be more regular in my postings of things that must go. As I've mentioned before, please feel free to send me your suggestions of things that must go.

1 comment:

goo2girl said...

Sounds like someone had a case of the Mondays. Maybe you need extreme fajitas or pizza shooters. :) You used "spawned" and "critter". I have to incorporate the latter into my vocab now. Try "breeder"--most of them don't like being called that. Truth hurts, I suppose.