Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Artomatic

About a month ago, Mel and I went here:


"What is Artomatic?" You may ask. Artomatic is this, and it was pretty cool.
In case you didn't click on the link, Artomatic is a showcase for local artists, done annually here in DC, and it is held in a multi-storied non-finished office building. It has floor after floor, showcasing locals' works, and gives them a chance to sell some of there pieces.
There were a lot of cool pieces of art, and a whole lot more that were just kinda weird, and made me wonder how someone would think that was art. For example:


This is somehow supposed to represent the Potomac--however, I don't see any dead bodies floating in it

I did think that this was pretty cool.

Who in the world knows what this is supposed to be? But, Melanie seems to like it.

My favorite part was the Peeps diorama display. Here are some samplings from that.

Tarantino Fans?

"A major prize, a major prize. I won, I won, I won!!"


That is all, if you're in DC next spring, you should check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool! :)