Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Experiment's Over: I Don't Know If I Win or Lose

So, I caved. Last week I decided that I was tired of living in filth. However, it took two weeks to get there. I thought it would come more quickly. I was actually surprised that the clean house lasted for nearly a week. Then, when I came home from Canada, he had made homemade ice cream (which was very tasty), and hadn't cleaned up the mess entirely.
I never had a clear hypotheses in this experiment, but what I did learn is that left to his own devices--or lack thereof, my roommate would ultimately end up in a pile of filth, squalor, and I'm sure vermin. However, it wouldn't come as quickly as one would think, as he took out a bag of trash twice in the week (part of which was mine, and for which I am appreciative), and he ran the dishwasher twice.
I spent about an hour cleaning on Saturday morning and had a nice clean house, which is once again in need of cleaning as a big Sunday meal was made (not by me) and is very slowly being cleaned.

Here are some picks I took when I decided that it was a losing battle, and that I needed to just clean it.

Note: the mail and flashlight are still there. They still haven't moved since the beginning of the experiment.

Sadly, though I cleaned it to a near sparkling state on Saturday morning, I'm pretty sure that it is worse now, even more so than these pictures.



Admittedly, the balloons are mine, but they're gone now. And for a picture of how it is now, add two empty gatorade bottles, a box of cheese its, an empty glass and a used napkin to the table and viola.



No comments: