Monday, March 24, 2008

Today's List of Things That Must Go

1). People who fail to observe propper elevator etiquitte--I have to get off on the 30th floor of my building, so inevitably, I have to ride the elevator with other people nearly every day. Today's friend got on with two others (myself included), talking loudly on his cell-phone. I moved to the corner, so as not to be in his way, thus allowing him to be in the center. Since he was talking on his phone, he didn't notice that he totaly invaded my bubble, completely crowding me into the corner. When we got to his floor, he walked off, completly oblivious to the discomfort he caused.
2). Men who wear loafers without socks--It's just gross
3).The Iraq War--I feel bad about mentioning something this important with the other two, but since we passed the five year mark (Yes, FIVE YEARS!!), and officially hit the 4,000 mark US troop fatalities this past week. It needs to be mentioned. We've spent hundreds of billions of dollars on this disaster. It's time to come home. I respect and honor those brave men and women who are willing to pay the ultimate price for this country, and am aware that they have performed their tasks amazingly well. That being said, the answer to the problems there aren't going to come militarily. The sooner the ones in charge realize this, the sooner we can end the waste that is this war.

The picture below shows the faces of those who have fallen in this war forming a collage of the fool who sent them there and the other one who wants to keep us there for 100 more years. Click on it to expand it. If that doesn't work, click here.

No comments: