Friday, March 14, 2008

Concerned

Right now, there are only three days until my Grande Adventura a Florida--Ole (two snaps)!! And, coincidentally, I noticed the faint tickle of an emerging cold in the back of my throat. When I woke up this morning, it was even more distinct. However, I am not completely convinced that it is a cold, as we are now entering spring here in the Nation's Capital, and last year was a horrific time for my allergies. For the sake of having a good time on my brief excursion to the Sunshine State, I am hoping it is that latter.
That being said, I have to admit that I can't stand my allergies (but who really loves allergies). They weren't horrible in Utah, but I had a few weeks each spring and fall that gave me troubles. When I first moved to the east coast, I enjoyed nearly a year with no allergy problems at all. Last spring that all changed. It turns out, I go crazy when the trees in the area do their pollination thing. As a side note, to make the dealing with allergies even worse, I have a friend who refers to pollen as tree sperm--yuck!! So that's just an extra nasty thought that goes along with all of the other un-pleasantries of the allergies. Anyway, as I mentioned, last year was terrible. With all of the sneezing, the itchy, watery eyes, and whatnot that accompany the allergy season, I developed a cold that became bronchitis due to all of the excess mucous. I was less than pleased.
However, all that being said, I still hope that whatever I am developing now is not actually a cold, and will leave me be to enjoy the sunny days at Vero Beach.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Sounds like you need Claritin Clear! haha! have fun!!!