Thursday, March 13, 2008

Funny, but Only Because It Hasn't Affected Me Yet

So I have got two roommates. One is generally uber-responsible about paying bills and whatnot. In fact, his tendency to "remind" me and to check the status of bills that I have been tasked to send off, has warranted the nickname of "Pops" from me. He generally has to remind the other roomie that he needs to write a check for rent and utilities and such. That being said, we don't usually have a problem. That is until last month's water bill came. It arrived, was opened and put on the refrigerator, but nothing since then. They had a "late date" on the bill of Feb 28, and it had been mentioned in the house that we needed to pay the bill, but no action...That is until Sunday, when I at least wrote out a check for my portion, and put it on the fridge with the bill--no longer my problem, or so I thought.
Anyway, about 15 minutes ago, I got a text from "Pops" saying that he went to take a shower, and there was no water. I just said, "don't blame me, my check is on the fridge." I laughed because I had a nice warm shower at 7:45 (my alarm didn't go off propperly so I was a few minutes late--don't ever buy a Motorola KRZR). So, I am guessing the water has been cut, but I am hoping it gets rectified quickly, cause I don't want to have to deal with that--I wrote my check Damn it!!

3 comments:

Darin said...

Follow-up:
Water was not cut, just a "water emergency" per the leasing office.
Bill still needs to be paid.

Sydney said...

HAHAHAAHAHAHAH! that's still funny!

KaderTot said...

Wow. Um...that's not good. However, at least you have one responsible one. It's bad enough that I have to text and email my roommate monthly to let him know what he needs to write his check for, but to top it off I had to put all of the year's worth of utility bills and rent into a spreadsheet to show him that the office was indeed justified in charging him a ton of late fees, as he consistently underpaid in rent and his portion of the utilities. (We pay most of our utilities thru the complex at the same time as rent.) He was ready to storm in and rip them a new one before I showed him that it was actually his fault, not theirs.

Oh, and the one utility bill I handed him so he could calculate his portion...yeah, he said, "I didn't realize it was something I needed to pay." No, genius, I handed you a bill just for kicks and giggles.

Anyway, that is too funny and I doubt your roomies will forget to pay the bills again after that one. There'd better be water when I get there is all I'm sayin'.