Monday, March 3, 2008

Today's List of Things That Must Go

1). People who smell like soup--It's strange, yes, but I think it should go. I saw the movie Juno (it's a charming movie, really) over the weekend, and they talk about a girl who smelled like soup. It reminded me of a girl I sat next to at church once, and it made me really uncomfortable. Then, when I sat down on the Metro to come to work today, either the man to my side, or the guy in front of me had the distinct smell of Ramen Noodles. Odd, you think they would figure it out somehow. Maybe next time, I should let them know. I would appreciate it if someone told me I smelled like soup.
2). The poorly-blended line in my head from my new haircut--It looked great when I had it done on Saturday, or so I thought. But I was looking in the mirror here in the restroom at work, and noticed that looking from the side, there is a distinct line where it wasn't blended properly. This has never happened before, and I don't feel too bad, because I had an otherwise delightful trip to the Hair Cuttery, but I'm just gonna say that this never happened with my sisters, or my friend Sara, when they cut my hair (props to all three of you). I'm sure it will grow out shortly but, it will bug me until then.
3). The sign in our break room, reminding me that my mother doesn't work here, and that I need to clean up after myself--well duh, even if she worked here, Diane wouldn't clean up after me. I've had the mis-fortune of working with my mother, and it ends up being the opposite, with my having to clean up something after her--not food messes in a break room, but all sorts of other things. But on another note, that stupid sign, which has been in about every breakroom that I have been in, is just lame, and needs to go. It may have been clever about 15 years ago, but not any more. (FYI, this was mentioned on the Radio From Hell's list of things that must go, but I had planned to mention it before I had heard it on their show.)
4). Hillary Clinton-- I used to like her (to a point), but I don't any more. She's mis-managed her campaign to a point that makes me doubt what I had previously thought about her, that she would be extremely well-prepared on any issue. I don't believe that any more. Their arrogance made them only plan through Super-Tuesday, and they have had nothing since. She just sounds whiny, desperate, shrill and naggy now. If I wanted to hear a naggy woman every day, I would call my mother more often (mom, I love you, but you are a nag). So, Senator Clinton, you should go. Go back to the Senate and continue being a fantastic Senator for the state of New York, but quit trying to be my president.
5). Utah State Senator, Chris Buttars--If you're not involved in Utah state politics, you probably have never heard of this man, but he's just a jerk. You can read up on him here. However, this link doesn't include his latest flap, which resulted in his being stripped of his chairmanship of the Senate Judiciary Committee, for trying to intimidate a judge who ruled against a developer friend of his. Anyway the man is a complete jerk, and must go.

1 comment:

KaderTot said...

You smell like soup.