Sunday, November 25, 2007

Things That Must Go!! (11-26-2007)

I need to make another post for November 26 (you'll find out why shortly), so I'll keep this short.

1). People using "thx" instead of typing "thanks" in an email--I have, on occasion, used this, but have always wondered why I didn't type out the whole word, which would have taken about the same amount of time. My boss does it all the time, and of course, I won't correct her, but I shan't use it anymore.
2). Bluetooth Earpieces--People who use these look ridiculous, and they never take them off. It is a sad person who absolutely must be connected at all times. Handy for driving, maybe so, but is it really that hard to be normal and hold your phone to your head while you're walking through Target? I don't think so.
3). "Head On, Apply Directly to the Forehead"--Enough said!!
4). Drivers who will tail right behind you, and when you get over, they don't pass you--I just got back from a 4 1/2 hr. drive to Raleigh, NC. There are a number of pet peeves from driving but this one really got my goat on this trip. If you're gonna be a jerk and nearly plow into my rear end, have the decency to pass me so that I can at least give you the look.
5). LOL--I suppose this could go along with number one, but there are a number of things that bug me about the way people communicate electronically. I have never been a fan of the LOL. I opt to say "that's funny." I just have a hard time believing that people really laugh out loud at some of my lame jokes. I do, however enjoy the ROTFL or LMAO even if I don't picture someone rolling on the floor laughing, or laughing his or her ass off. So, in my humble opinion, LOL should go.

2 comments:

Sydney said...

That's funny... and by the way, I agree! I'm so interested to see what's coming next.

KaderTot said...

Darin, I use "thx" all the time. I don't think it should go. I heart it. I think the reason it really started is because of the Blackberry craze. It's just easier. Granted, I don't have a Blackberry, but some days I barely have time to write out a full "thanks", even with my 85 wpm typing speed. Besides it's much better than writing "Go to Hell" as the salutation.