Sunday, November 11, 2007

11-12-2007 Things That Must Go

Today's things that must go are the following:1). Spam--Not the emails (though they are annoying too), the ambiguous meat product. Actually all ambiguous meat products are quite scary. Well, there are some who really like Spam, so maybe it shouldn't go entirely. But, the worst part about Spam is that awful-looking jelly on the top. That is just vile. It must go!!
2). Manipulative emails--Everyone gets them from friends or co-workers, the type that push a political point or a religious agenda. The worst part about them is when they say something along the lines that "if you don't forward this to everyone you know..." either, you hate Jesus, you don't support our troops, or the terrorists have won and they are going to force us to marry people of the same gender. Sorry, I don't buy it. I think that I can love my country, or my Lord and Savior just as much much as the next guy without clogging up my friends' inboxes. However, people who know me and my political leanings have, on occasion, forwarded funny political emails to me, and I appreciate them from time to time.
3). Football Players with Long Hair Coming out the Back of Their Helmets--It just looks ridiculous. I always want someone to just grab those flowing locks of hair and just pull the guy down.
4). (Suggestion from a friend, but I support it) Grocery Store Discount Cards--They were fun at first, now every store has them. And, if you don't have one of your own, they will swipe the card that they have at every register for customers who don't have a card. It would save time and money and a lot of hassle if they would just do away with them and give me the freaking discount without my needing to have a huggin' card.
5). The "Obsession" with Brittney Spears--Sure she's a train wreck, but I don't need to hear about every minute detail of her life. She's trashy, and has a lot more money than I likely ever will have, so it kinda makes me smile to think that she's such a mess. But really, I would be fine to never hear anything about her again--positive or negative. But, she is living proof that you can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl. The media's obsession with her must go!!!

And those are today's things that must go. Please provide comments and suggestions for future lists. On that note, I must go to sleep.

1 comment:

Klemm said...

Darin, I totally agree with you about the football players. I really wonder what would happen if a player tackled another player by the hair. Would that be a penalty or is it fair game because it's there?