Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fire!! Part Two

So, today at work we are having the annual Thanksgiving pot-luck. This is not held at our corporate office, but rather at our Virginia Square (OVS) office, where I started out, and enjoy visiting from time to time. Since I was bringing funeral potatoes (per request, mind you), I decided to drive in and spend the day at OVS rather than ride metro to Rosslyn with said potatoes, then have to trapse them back again.
I get here, make my rounds, and am getting settled in, what what to my wonderin eyes should appear than flashing lights on all of the fire alarms and the most obnoxious chirping sound coming from them. Luckily I am on the third floor here rather than the 31st.
I guess this means that I'm not due for another fire drill for some time now. In my humble opinion, fire drills can be fun, but there is a toss-up between where they are more fun. At corporate, you have to go down 31 flights of stairs, but you hear the soothing voice of a talking fire alarm. At OVS, you only have one-tenth of the stairs, but you nearly go deaf from the blairing, shrill chirps emitted from fire alarms. But in both, the give you a few minutes out of the office.

1 comment:

AmandaStretch said...

At least you get fire alarms. Some of us are not so fortunate, as you may recall.