Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Birthday to Kade!!!

This is my Kade friend. Also pictured with the two of us is Kade's dear mother, Brenda. The picture is from a recent trip the two of them made to visit me in the District of Columbia.


It was 27 years ago today that Dear Brenda expelled Kade from her uterus. The world has been filled with joy ever since. It was 13 or so years later that I met Kade. We have been friends since then, but he's been my best-good friend since our Junior year in high school.

On my birthday, Kade sent me 26 text messages giving "26 Reasons Why We Love Darin" citing my quirks, fun/crazy memories etc. I will now attempt to do the same on my blog. So, to many of you, these won't make a lick o' sense, but here they are:

1).--He has the intelligence of...maybe an orangutan, perhaps

2).--He would rival A-nette Willie in any beauty contest, except the swim-suit competition, of course

3).--Our "put-up" list for Angelar (the previous two came from this list only modified for Kade)

4).--Jane Eyre, oh how I love that book because of Kade, maybe one day I'll read it all the way through

5).--Hello, I'm Kitty

6).--Duchess and Matza Ball

7).--The Bird Refuge--and yes, you can see the light from a mile away

8).--The overpass, and those unfortunate people with the sun-roof--boy Brigham City was boring

9).--This is hard, does there have to be 27?

10).--Denny's, the nachos, pico de gallo, and Ericka, lovely Ericka--she should go to Dillards and be fitted

11).--Billy-Bob and Nayloni and the most-foul odor I had smelled in my life

12).--The amazing techno-colored dream...(well you know the rest, Kade)

13).--The Brigham City Cemetery at night

14).--The cow lot in Nebraska with the new reigning champ of most-foul odor that I have ever smelled.

15).--Why Miss Scarlet, he's dead!! Oh and the pillow fluff and puking in the sink

16).--He types fast

17).--He reads even faster

18).--The unfortunate BenGay incident--didn't even happen to him, or to me, but hearing him laugh while I was explaining it, brought me to tears.

19).--The sweet Maddox outfit, and accompanying stories/accidents

20).--Oh, uh!

21).--He can find the greatest bargains, except for when it comes to Thanksgiving dinners

22).--Who gets Mono twice? That, and who has to have the same knee surgery three times?

23).--MWIDTM/Griz an MWINA (thanks pal!!)

24).--"Hi, can we get a menu?" "For here?"

25).--"I can't explain why I've become Miss Chatelaine"

26).--Cub river and "Not an inch"

27).--He's a great friend and has shown his loyalty many times. He listens to my problems and offers great advice, as well as keeps my ego in check. I'm lucky to count him as a friend.

1 comment:

KaderTot said...

Thanks, friend! That was a hoot! I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard over some of them. And, in regards to Thanksgiving dinner...I did try for a bargain. I failed miserably, but I put forth a valiant effort. (Each item was a great deal...it's just that there were so many of them.) Oh, and the word would be "foul", not "fowl". Fowl would be the animals of which you used to snap necks...and get paid for it. IRRegardless, I must insist we no longer discuss Brenda's uterus. It makes me want to vomit...and I did a bit in my mouth. Thanks for the laughs, the memories, and, of course, thank you for being a friend!!! (If I threw a party...)