Thursday, November 8, 2007

Fire!!

Today at work, they had a mandatory fire drill. This is all good and well, but you may not know that I work on the 31st floor of my building. Sure, having the top floor of one of the tallest buildings in Arlington makes for some great views, including yesterday's sun-set, which was one of the prettiest that I have seen. However, when there's a fire drill, you can't use the elevator. So, we had to go down 31 flights of stairs. By the time we made it there, everyone was complaining that their legs felt like jell-o. That wasn't the worst, though. I was getting dizzy by going around and around. This is a picture from the bottom of my building looking up at the top after we all got out.In my humble opinion, going down 31 flights of stairs is not fun, but I am certainly glad I wasn't like some of my female colleagues who were in 3 inch heels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Darin!!!

Just looking around here! :)
I agree with you... Once I needed to go so many floors down and my legs were like jell-o...... TOTALLY agree!!!
Hope you have a great weekend!!
See ya!