Monday, November 19, 2007

Things that Must Go!! (11-19-2007)

Hi all,

I've been out of town on travel for the past week (I'll write about that soon), and as such didn't blog much. However, I am back now, and would feel terribly amiss if I skipped out on my only weekly feature on it's third week. So here goes, the following must go:
1). Christmas music before Thanksgiving (FYI this was on my list before I heard Radio From Hell's)--It's bad enough that we are innundated by the stuff for the whole month of December. Now, it seems that Christmas music is being played earlier and earlier. The day after Halloween does not signify the offical beginning of the Christmas season. The thirty or so days from Thanksgiving to Christmas are plenty of days to celebrate. Maybe I am jaded from working in retail for four Christmases, but I do believe this over-abundance of Yule-tide joy must go.
2). People who still drive around with Bush/Cheney '04 stickers on their cars. I can understand the Kerry-Edwards folks a little more 'cause it's not hard to wonder how things could have gone differently in the past three years but they should get over it too. However, the people who were proud Bush supporters last election who don't at least question him enough to remove the stickers from their cars must be oblivious to what has happened to this country over the past seven years. If you can't get rid of that sticker, you #1, should pull your head out of the sand, and #2 you must go.
3). The watery juice on mustard and ketchup. I've heard it referred to Condirrhea. Eww. It's gross. I don't think that I should have to shake up the bottle to not have a soggy sandwich or hamburger. There must be someone out there who can invent something to rid the world of this nasty stuff.
4). People who come to the door, and rather than knock, say "knock-knock"--Just knock on the bloody door. It never really bothered my until my office neighbor pointed it out. Now it drives me nuts, and as such, it must go.
5). Men who wear baseball caps with business suits. I never noticed this in Utah, but now, everyday, on my ride to work on the Metro, I see multiple men in business suits heading into the District. When I see one of these guys with a ball cap on, I just want to rip it off and throw it out the door. I don't really know why, but I don't like it. I think these guys look like weenies, as such they must go.

4 comments:

Joy said...

I secretely think the guys wearing suits and baseball caps are doing it just for me. Its hot.

Sydney said...

1. x-mas music rocks... I've been known to listen to it at many different times of the calendar year!

2. Bush/Cheney '04... just think of what it would have been with Kerry(Hienz)/Edwards! YIKES!

3. Watery Juice... why don't you invent it and the patent it and become a millionare!

4. saying knock knock... seriously? I've never heard of that.

5. Wearing baseball caps... I agree with sherpa!

:)

Darin said...

Way to shut me down, ladies.

Sydney said...

hehehe, we're not shutting you down, just adding a little variety. :).... happy thanksgiving!