Friday, July 20, 2007

Two Weeks!!

Today (well yesterday really, since it is past midnight) I celebrated my two week anniversary on Facebook. "How did this happen?" you may ask. I shall tell you. One day someone asked me if I was on Facebook. To which I responded, "no." But, there are so many people around me who made casual references to their Facebook shenanigans, that I wanted to see what this whole thing was all about. So I wanted to just look up some of the aforementioned people, but apparently you can't even look up someone's name without, yourself, having a profile. So I made one. It apparently looked at my Gmail contacts who had profiles and added them. There were two at that point. From there, one of their friends sent me a "friend request." I felt so loved. I accepted, and went to work trying to find some of my other friends throughout my life. And so it went, and I am now two weeks into it.
The weird thing is that when you sign on, it'll tell you the goings on of all of your friends' pages. I think it's very voyeuristic, and kinda creepy. It'll tell you what comment they made to someone else, who is now friends with whom, what groups someone has joined. I say this as though no one really knows how facebook works. Frankly I didn't until a couple of weeks ago. Now that I do, I think that it has lost a bit of it's charm. Sure it's fun, and I'll keep my account for a minute or two, but in my humble opinion, the novelty of Facebook wears off fast, but that doesn't mean that my enthusiasm cannot be rekindled. I have yet to add my pictures, and that may make all the difference.

1 comment:

AmandaStretch said...

Oh yes. Adding pictures and commenting and adding captions and all that gets rather addicting. You should do it!

But, yes, it kind be kind of stalker-ish. Because, hello, I'm stalking you. ;)