Friday, December 5, 2008

Anxiously Engaged

Today marks one month of my being engaged...betrothed, affianced, intended, what have you. Until now, I hadn't posted anything about it since most anyone who reads my blog (all ten of you) knew about my having popped the question within a few hours.
I won't bore you with details of the engagement. It wasn't a big production. It just involved my favorite place on the Mall in DC, and with my being a political nerd, I tied it into the historic event that had happened the previous night (I know I am lame. In fact, you might say I excel at it). So we chatted a bit, I tried to say something sweet, but mostly ended up fumbling up words, I got on one knee and with my hand shaking terribly, I groped for the ring in my pocket. By the time I presented it, I felt like an epileptic having a seizure, but I managed to at least ask if she would marry me. I don't know why I was so nervous. I knew what she was going to say. Maybe it's because I was afraid she wouldn't like the ring, though I was almost positive she would (and she really does). But she did say yes, and now, I am looking forward to four months from now when she'll be my wife.
It's a crazy, strange and terrifying prospect, but at the same time it makes me very happy to think that I'll get to spend my life with the woman I love. So that's enough schmoopyness from this guy. Below, you can find a picture of the ring. The pictures of the two of us from that night are still on my camera, so I'll put one on soon. Hopefully this will suffice for now.

3 comments:

goo2girl said...

Wife! Doesn't that just make your tummy aflutter?! You're going to be a husband. Wife. Husband. Married. It's amazing how such simple words have so much meaning. Enjoy your engagement. Savor it! BRIDE. GROOM.

Sydney said...

Awwwww, nice schmoopiness though. Congrats! ;) (It's about time for a post!)

Joy said...

The ring is gorgeous! congratulations again!