Monday, October 27, 2008

Today's List of Things That Must Go

1.) The Upper Peninsula of Michigan--Why is it part of Michigan? Doesn't make sense to me. It actually has a long border with Wisconsin, and I don't think it ever touches Michigan.
2.) Michiganders--Not to be unduly harsh on Michigan, but I've just been thinking of it lately. So Michiganders? Really? I thought Oregonians were bad, and for the sake of being phonetically pleasing, I would move that it should be Michiganers.
3.) John McCain calling me his friend--I may have mentioned this before, but increasingly it is irritating me. I am not your friend, old man. You are an angry, unpleasant old codger who has run a distasteful, honor-less campaign against my candidate of choice. You are not the admirable "maverick" from 2000, you are now just a desperate, puffy white man who is completely out of touch with the real needs or concerns of Americans.
4.) Elizabeth Hasselbeck--Now she's just dumb. Anyone who can so adamantly defend the McCain-Palin ticket like she does, really shouldn't be worth the time I am taking to write about her on this ridiculous little blog, but it needs to be said. She's an idiot. I realize it's her schtick (sp?) on "The View" to be the token conservative. But there are real conservatives out there who have brains (shocking, I know). They realize that McCain has run a terrible campaign topped off by his terrible pick of a running-mate. But not Mrs. Hasselbeck, she's now out on the stump, introducing Caribou Barbie (AKA Sarah Palin) at rallies and not mentioning anything of substance, but talking about Ms. Palin's wardrobe, and trying to twist the story of the Republicans spending $150,000 on her clothes in the past few months (sheer stupidity on the part of the GOP, especially in this election) into it somehow being the media's fault for reporting it--phooey!! They spent money foolishly on a foolish candidate, and that's that. Anyway, these idiotic partisans (and I know Elizabeth isn't the only one) need to go. They could claim that I am in the same boat, but on the other side. I don't think so though. If Barack Obama were to claim that because he could "see Russia from [his] front porch" he had foreign policy experience (and the list of stupid things the McCain campaign has said goes on and on and on), I would think he was a moron too--luckily he hasn't.
5.) Stupid Facebook fan clubs--I saw recently that one of my "friends" became a "fan of Dieter F. Uchdorf" and a whole slew of other things. I think they are ridiculous. I really feel uncomfortable with the ones that are of LDS general authorities. It just seems to me that someone in a position like that deserves more respect than to be trivialized as a Facebook application.

That is all

2 comments:

Lex said...

The UP doesn't touch the LP, you are correct. It is part of Michigan because it was a concession of war. (Possibly before Wisconsin was a state. I'd have to look up the dates.) The UP has periodically attempted to become the 51st state. It wants to be called "Superior" but that doesn't seem to quite fly with anyone else in the country. Not to mention, it has yet to be able to prove that it can survive economically by itself. (Though, with the current state of the economy in Michigan it might have a case right now.)

goo2girl said...

Listen here, my friend. Just because our favorite maverick has seven homes, including a 7,000 sq ft condo, it doesn't make him out of touch. He is one of us. He drinks Bud Light just like Joe the Plumber and Sue the Secretary. Cheers, my friend.