Friday, April 25, 2008

Run Fat Boy, Run

Nope, I didn't see the movie yet...more like I was the movie. You see, it's been a week, but last Saturday, I ran in my very first 5K. It was the Falls Church High School, Jaguar 5k. "Why would I do this?" you may ask. Good question, but most likely, it was because I am a little crazy. Well, It turns out that about 1 1/2 months ago, maybe two, my friend, Amanda (you may know her as "co-pilot" from my Nashville adventure post) and I were i.m-ing and she asked if I was still going to the gym/running and whatnot, and at the time, I was going fairly regularly. She suggested that I sign on to the thing, and I thought it would be good motivation. It wasn't. I forgot about it, and I went for three weeks without doing a thing--I was busyish.
Anyway, the Sunday before the thing, some of the people who were doing it reminded me of the race, and said that they had done no training and that I should still do it. So, stupidly enough, I said I would, again. I ran twice during the week, and felt okay about doing it.
So the big day came, and I went, I ran, and I came in under 30 minutes, which my time, I realize isn't fantastic, but I did it, and that is enough, especially considering I hadn't trained for anything. I may have to do another one sometime and try to do better. There would be a picture of those of us from my ward who participated, but someone (I won't name names, but click here to find out who) hasn't sent me the photo.

5 comments:

Sydney said...

HEY! I'm busy-ish too! I'll get it up... no worries! hahhaahaha... it's such a lovely picture of most of us who did the race all gross looking. oh wait, that's just me.

Sydney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joy said...

Hey, congratulations!

Anne said...

Nicely done my friend. If it makes you feel better, there is no way in hell my feet can run a 5k in under 30. I'm pretty much thinking you rock.

JG said...

I can't believe you did a 5K in under 30 minutes ESPECIALLY not training! You are my hero. It's official....