Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cherry Blossoms

One of the annual traditions around the nation's capital is the Cherry Blossom Festival and the end of March through the beginning of April. There are apparently thousands of trees in bloom, and it looks amazing. I didn't get a chance to go last spring, so when I went with Melanie on Saturday, it was pretty cool to see the first time.

Mel and Me


The Washington Monument

I was feeling a little artistic that day. How'd I do?


This one is my favorite I have ever taken of the Jefferson Monument

This is the two of us on the tree with all the knots, AKA the "Naughty Tree" taken by a kid whose mother is sure he'll make it big one day. I think he did a decent job.

Tulips are in bloom too. They had a pretty cool garden full of them.


7 comments:

Lex said...

I love your tulip pic!

KaderTot said...

If you look at the group of red tulips, they look like a one-legged person running AND they almost form a complete swastika. That's odd.

Darin said...

You know, "It's Springtime for you know who..."

Anonymous said...

Um... what's with the beard? Do away with that!

Otherwise, lovely pictures.

Sydney said...

You did good!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics, Darin!!!
I LOVE tulips!!!
I hope all is fine with you!! :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics, Darin!!!
I LOVE tulips!!!
I hope all is fine with you!! :)