Sunday, December 30, 2007

Today's List of Things That Must Go

Okay, this will be brief, but I need to write down a few since it's been a while since I have made my list of weekly complaints, so here it goes:
1.) Airlines showing crappy Christmas movies because it's December. I hate this so much!! Every time I fly home for Christmas, I have to sit through a heart-warming Christmas film. They are always boring, kid-friendly flicks that make me want to scream. So, dear Santa, please make it so I don't have to watch Home Alone, Santa Clause III, a Christmas Story or any other festive movie, just show me the latest summer block-buster that has just made it's way to DVD.
2.) (as a suggestion from a friend) Dried cranberries that are flavored like other fruits. If I want to have dried fruit that tastes like cherries, I'll buy dried cherries.
3.) Smoker Neighbors. My whole apartment has a faint hint of cigarette smoke. This does not please me. I have noticed a faint hint from time to time, but at home this past week, I opened my suitcase, and the whole thing smelled of smoke. This isn't right. Luckily, though, my roommate bought an air filter, and this seems to be helping, we've got it to the point that you only smell smoke when the heat turns on, which, because it is winter, is fairly frequently.
That's all I have time to think of tonight, but I am sure I can find some more. I'll post shortly about my trip home. It'll be a lark. Stay tuned, and have a very happy new year.

3 comments:

AmandaStretch said...

On my flight to London, the second movie was Groundhog Day. What the crap? Everything else there and back was a recently released summer blockbuster, and for that I was grateful. Luckily, I slept through most of the 20 year old movie about a mostly forgotten holiday starring an ugly man.

Joy said...

Groundhogs Day rocks.

An ugly man?

I was on a Delta flight and they played Hairspray and Stardust on the way to UT and we had individual screens on the way back.

Darin said...

You, Sherpa, should count yourself as lucky. I didn't even have a movie on the way back--well unless I wanted to pay.