Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Youtube Treats

So this is the second time writing this, I am not happy. You see, the autosave feature is not enabled on this computer (something to do with activeX controls being disabled), and when I went to post apparently the server at blogger.com was down, so I lost all of what I had written. Though it was masterful, and will likely be tough to re-create, I will try. So here it goes:

Youtube is definitely a treat. Who would have thought that this simple sight would be so influential, and so much fun on a boring day at work. I for one would never have guessed. It has, indeed helped me out on many occasions. Not to say that I don't do anything at work, but there are some days that are just so boring. On those days it is nice to find random clips to make the time go by. It's really cool to be able to find comedy sketches, political ads, old commercials, and eighties sit-coms that i enjoy. I would like to share two of my latest finds, which I actually didn't find myself, but was shown by friends.

First is a take on the Michael Jackson classic, "Thriller." However this comes with a twist. It's like "Thriller" in Hindi, with a Bollywood flare. So cool!! Actually it's crazy and kinda creepy looking, but definitely worth watching in its entirety. Only that way will you be able to see all of the reasons why I laugh so hard when I watch this (i.e. crazy hip gyrations, epilleptic fits, the chicken run and the side-to-side chase scene). So here, for your viewing enjoyment is Indian Thriller:



See that was fun.

Now, on to another. I present to you Milky, the Milking Cow. Obviously, a top-selling toy in its day. I can see why. Sure, filling a plastic cow with water doesn't sound that fun, but when you get to pinch little rubber teats and squeeze out "pretend milk" I can only imagine the minutes of fun that could be spent doing that. My guess is that this toy didn't last long. I would just take a stab and say that probably a small child didn't realize that the chalky water wasn't really milk, took a swig of it, and was promptly rushed to the emergency room. Bear in mind this was likely the seventies (from the look of the commercial). They didn't have the protections on toys we do now. Have you ever wondered what a Toxic crayon looks like? They must have had them, all of the crayons I see now say "non-toxic." Now we can rest assured that every one of our Chinese-imported Wal-Mart toys is 100% safe, right? Sure Wal-Mart may save you a buck or two, don't mind that they shave about ten years off your life--but I digress. So, without any further ado (what is ado anyway?) I present to you Milky the Milking Cow (listen to the song, it's great).



4 comments:

AmandaStretch said...

What's scary about this version of "Thriller" is not the zombies, it's how well they can dance and make sexy faces.

Sara said...

I love Milky the Milking Cow. She's my favorite. :)

Megan Andrea said...

only you darin, only you. both of these made my day. she drinks water, and gives pretend milk!!!!

Sydney said...

Where did you go? It seems like I haven't seen you in forever!