Monday, August 20, 2007

Radio From Where?


So, I just realized last week that my favorite radio show from back in Utah, Radio from Hell on x96, is available as a daily podcast. This is great because when I moved to Virginia, I found that I missed hearing Kerry, Bill and Gina (if only for a little bit) each weekday. However, when I started my job, I found that I could listen online, which I did--daily. This allowed me to hear from the beginning of the show, for which I was normally asleep when I lived in Utah. It was fantastic for the month that it worked before one day the streaming audio along with yahoo music videos were disabled. I am sure there are other things that don't work, but I don't know because I haven't tried them.
Anyway, I just went without the show for the past eight months, would check their blog and all, but it wasn't the same. Finally, when I was on the iTunes store the other day, it occurred to me to see if they had a podcast available. When I found they did, I promptly subscribed. I also subscribed to NPR's Democracy Now. "What does this mean?" you may wonder. I shall tell you. This means that I can add the latest shows on my iPod and have four hours of listening enjoyment each day, which gets me through half of the day. Along with that, it gives me a healthy dose of liberal chatter daily. And it gives me a little bit of Salt Lake City.
Anyway, I don't know where I was going with this, however I felt I should share my latest find, which in my humble opinion is pretty cool. Though they can be a little irreverent at times, but they make me laugh a lot.

1 comment:

AmandaStretch said...

I stream Chunga and Mister from 101.9 The End every morning. Love it! I've decided that DC radio sucks comparitively.