Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What the Random?!!!

Just three random bits that I was thinking about today

MEOWW!!!

So there was one thing I left off the Gettysburg post. While walking in the town, we spotted an odd couple. They were obviously very fond of their cats. No offense to cat lovers out there, but some can be a little odd. Why else would you find toys like this online, or in the shop in Tucson where I saw it the first time? All I am saying is that you never hear of the "Crazy Fish Man" or "The Insane Parakeet Woman." So, as we were walking there was an eccentric-looking couple we passed. They actually were pushing their two cats around in not one, but two strollers. I would have taken a picture, but that would have been terribly uncouth. And you may call me many things, but uncouth is not one of them. On that note, I took the liberty of creating an artistic representation of one of said cats, and one of said owners (I apologize to anyone who may be an animal lover and takes offense to my calling the care-taker the "owner," believing that animals cannot be owned). *Please note that this rendition was done on a laptop mouse, and for that reason, and that reason alone, does it look like a five-year-old drew it*
He had a wife, but I opted not to draw her.
CASABLANCA

On Monday last, my ward went to the final Screen On the Green. And as I am sure you can guess, they showed the classic Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman classic Casablanca.
I had seen the movie once before, and remembered it being really good, but I couldn't remember much about it. It was really a good movie. One that I would recommend to anyone. I am sure some people will be upset for me saying this, but in my humble opinion, Casablanca is far better than Citizen Kane, which many people consider to be the number one movie of all time. Anyway, this is a picture of some of us playing cards before the movie began.

HEY THERE DELILAH

So, about two months ago I heard this catchy little tune by the Plain White T's on the radio (I think it was the day that my roommate broke his arm). I thought it was a really good song and I found the video on youtube. I listened to it about six times in an hour between my house and my neighbor's (you'll remember Tammy from a previous post, who's name has officially been changed to Topaz now per her request). I bought the song on iTunes the next week, and it is now the most-played song on my iPod. So, since it's my favorite song right now, I share it with you in it's music video form. In my humble opinion, it's great. I hope you enjoy.



4 comments:

Jon said...

Quem eh a moca que ta perto de vc ai na foto? Eh pra parqueira-la' oh!

goo2girl said...

You are telling me I "own" cats? I think they own me...it's ok, I know who's boss in our house and it's not me. :(

Megan Andrea said...

one word for you about the cats-jealous. also, i like how katie is not showing her cards to anyone for anything. way to go. she is cutthroat. and also again, i need to look at your itunes. the end.

Joy said...

One time I got a ride up to NYC with some friends. The guy driving (not a friend) was telling us why in the gospel it wasn't appropriate to own pets and people who do won't go to the celestial kingdom. I had a hard time not calling him crazy, but the girl next to me agreed. Needless to say, I felt pretty out of place--but his girlfriend pretty much called him out on it. Between that and him reminding us at every toll how much we owed to the penny (including when he didn't follow our instructions as to how to get out of the city which added another 7-10 bucks to the cost and made us pay it) I'm awfully glad for the dc-ny buses.

Long story short.....Cat people may be going to hell (or at least not to the CK).......according to one crazy person anyway...