Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Update

Not much has happened in my life lately (since the last blog posts, lately, I mean).
I just realized that my blogging skills (read frequency) have been woefully lacking. Small bits o' news. The company I work for is bankrupt, and is being acquired by another firm. Luckily, I will be making the transition to the new company. However, this did include needing to fill out an application for my same job after I received an offer letter. This was no small task--40 printed pages. But it looks like all will go smoothly.
I am in my last week of classes. I have had finals and papers. Tonight is my last final for this semester. Huzzah!! Only who knows how many more semesters to go.
I am also becoming a fatty again. This is not good. The past weeks with an abundance of treats in our house, lack of time to hit the gym regularly, and the absence of a deadline such as a wedding to look forward to I feel that I am getting all gross and fat again.
To that end, I will now commit myself to returning to a more healthy lifestyle after this class has officially ended. I hope to somehow find a way to include this in my blog. I have been watching The Biggest Loser this season, the only one I will ever watch (it's way too edited for dramatic effect). It has been kind of inspiring. If these people can run a marathon, I am sure I can train to do it. I am not happy with the brown team, however, and want them to lose. Please vote for Ron to make it to the final episode (call 1-866-613-0001). That way, either Helen or Tara will win.
Anyway, I also want to make my blog look more interesting. I will work on that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey- well Helen won. Was that okay?? :)

Darin said...

I was happy to see Helen win. But I felt a little sad for Tara.

Julie Nelson said...

Darin,

Why have you not called or written. What is up??? I am sick that Helen won. She acted like she was running for Miss America. She was an alcoholic before she became the biggest loser. There must be hope for me. Hope all is well. Call me. Julie