Monday, May 18, 2009

New Motivation

So, as I previously mentioned, I have recently decided that I like cake and ice cream more than being thin. Having noticed that I have put on a couple of lbs since the wedding hasn't been enough motivation for me to stop eating crappy-like.
Well, with the absence of the wedding as a motivator, I was given a new motivation yesterday via a facebook invitation to my ten-year high school reunion. Now, don't be thinking that I really want to go to this thing, but hear me out. I have said previously that I didn't care for these people in high school, why would I want to see them 10 years later? It still holds. My two best friends from high school, Kade and Cammie Jan, were talking about their plans to actually go; I scoffed, telling them that it would be a cold day in hell before I would pay to go across the country for a reunion.
So, for the past few weeks, Mel and I have been talking about when we could go back to Utah to visit. She thought that we could go over Peach Days. I hate Peach Days, but have spoken about it to her in the past, and she kind of wants to see it. So, I said that it could be a possibility. And we were pretty much planning on it, and looking for tickets. Then I get a notification that the HS reunion would be held over the Peach Days weekend. Wahoo!! (note the sarcasm) So, since the two will coincide, and the fact that the two friends were planning on going, I figure that I might as well. Anyway, I also made tentative plans to get ready and run the 10k the morning of the big parade. I'm looking forward to this whole trip as much as one would look forward to going to get a root canal, but hey, I'll get to see my family and hang out with friends, so that will be fun.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm- yeah, I think I managed to miss all my highschool reunions! Good luck with that. lol

Klemm said...

I ran my first race ever last year. It was a 10k down in Richmond. I've been wanting to run another one since. It was the longest I'd ever run and I was amazed at how good I felt about just running the race. Good luck man. You'll feel great once you've done it (maybe a little nauseous, but otherwise great, and that's the feeling that lingers).

Joy said...

Darin, you'll have a great time. A 10k? Awesome.

Anonymous said...

hey darin i don't know if you remember me, but i came to your wedding with julie. anyways, thats cool that you are coming to peach days its so much fun. the rides and a little scary cause their so crappy but you need to try em out!