Sunday, November 2, 2008

Vote for the Scary White Man or You Don't Get Candy

You may not know this, but I don't care much for Republicans. This clip is the epitome of why I hate the "Grand" OLD Party. Simply put, they're awful people, who need to get a grip. Yes, this is a blanket statement, but I do feel that if someone is voting for that nasty old McCain, and that horrendous pick of a VP he made, they really need to evaluate things and realize exactly what they're doing. They have run a dishonorable campaign with a following of despicable supporters like the nasty old women in this video. This is America dang it, and though I may think you're an absolute buffoon for supporting the crotchety old man and Nanookie from the north (who is showing us daily that she hasn't got a clue about much of anything pertaining to the US government of the Constitution in general), I am not going to deny you or your kids candy on Halloween.
Watch it, and then offer a prayer of thanksgiving that you are not as bitter as this old hag.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Darin,

This has got to be the most intolerant and deliberately ignorant post you have ever written. And that is saying a lot.

Joy said...

Dear Darin-

I'm a Democrat, and I agree with Jules.

Anonymous said...

Amendment to my comment: ignorant was the wrong word. The word I am looking for is disingenuous.

Darin said...

Sorry, if you feel that way, but I think I was very straight forward and frank with my feelings. I stated that it was a blanket statement. The fact is, the McCain campaign is full some of the nastiest, divisive supporters around, and that stems from the top of the ticket. Personally, I don't take kindly to being called a commie, or not being a "real" American (both direct quotes about people in Northern Virginia from McCain surrogates). The Republicans have lost their way, and luckily the politics of division hasn't seemed to work this time. But seriously, I don't see why anyone would defend someone whose behavior is so hideous as to ruin a child's Halloween because they don't support their candidate of choice. As "ignorant" as I may be, even I wouldn't be that bad.

Anonymous said...

I'm not defending this woman's actions, but its disingenuous to pretend as though all BO supporters are shining beacons of hope and inclusion, because I can assure you from personal experience that they are not.

Kristine said...

Hey,
We all know how passionate you are about this subject. You have made your decision, be happy with it, and leave it at that. I don't think you are going to change anyones mind at this point. You have defiantly helped me with my decision. Consider me your contribution. I think that everyone has many different reason within their family and life that help them make up their vote. We need to respect that.

Darin said...

Yeah, I guess it's a good thing that it's my blog, and only a few people who know how crazy I am read it.