Monday, November 17, 2008

Today's List of Things that Must Go

1). My Econ Class. I hate it. It doesn't help that my professor is woefully lacking in skills to present the subject matter to the class. It is so boring, that it makes it difficult to pay attention, but I think that there is potential for it to be a good class. But a word to the wise, if you're ever going to take PUBP 720 (Mangerial Econ) from George Mason University's School of Public Policy, do all you can to not take it from Perry.
2). People who won't even give Obama a Chance--C'mon people, don't you want him to succeed? If our president does well, it generally would mean that our country does well. I saw various ignorant facebook friends who put status lines like "it's going to be a long four years." Screw you guys!!! It's been a horrifically long eight year administration in which Dubya has run amock, disregarding the Constitution, waging wars, racking up huge debts, and destroying our standing in the world. It's time for an about face, and a chance to clean up after the Bush administration.
3). Wedding planning--Not that I don't like them, or am not looking forward to my own upcoming nuptials, but the whole show that goes along with it is kind of funny. Why do we do it? I don't know. It's fun and all, but the months of planning and stress for one event is just amazing, and the fact that you see some of these things that run into six figures is ridiculous. But don't take this to mean that I am not totally excited to get married in a few months.
4). Meat slime--you know what I mean, the slimey juice on meat that's been around for a while. It's sick and it stinks, and it must go.
5). My Gut--I've called him Chuck, and he's been a part of me for much of my life, but he really must go. I was doing okay at losing weight last year, but I found that I liked mint Oreo cookies more than the idea of being thin. And since I've moved from an apartment that had an available gym, my exercising regimen has decreased. Thankfully my roommate and I got a deal on gym memberships near where we both work, so now we plan to go regularly. My goal is to go at least five times per week. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, Darin!!!
Good luck as for the gym and have lots of fun as for the wedding planning! :D

Jon said...

Diet coke, baked BBQ lays and tuna sandwiches + exercise = lots of less weight!

KaderTot said...

You could always get a tapeworm...then, you could eat anything you want.

goo2girl said...

Having Chuck is much better than having man-boobs, so you count yourself lucky!

Darin said...

I kinda do have the moobs, and it's sad. They must go too.