Sunday, October 28, 2007

Spooktacular Halloween Party

Hi, It's late, and I have to work tomorrow, but I thought I would post some pictures from the fun-filled Halloween party I went to last night. My reason for doing this is to show the world my super-cool costume, which won me 2nd place in the costume contest (I got a lot of comments from others that I should have won 1st place).
The funny thing is that earlier in the day I had no intentions of wearing a costume to the party. You see, I cleaned out the fridge at my apartment, which was disgusting. After that, I knew that I needed to get some cleaning supplies at Target so I called Sara. We went and while I was there, I thought I should be Papa Smurf. So in the next few hours, we amassed the supplies to make me a smurftastic costume. With her help, I became this.
Papa Smurf (a.k.a. Me)

There were all sorts of fun costumes there:

Sara (my costume designer) as a witch with me

Shelly, Sundee, Sara and Karen as some of my favorite candies

Melanie, Cat and Amy looking lovely, like something from a Jane Austin novel, which was their intent.

Alexis and Jennie as Hot Sauce from Taco Bell

Brian--Shocking!!

When it came to the costume contest, however, I lost out to Madonna. I felt a little jipped since she had a huge entourage that cheered really loudly for her right by the judges. But, all-in-all, I have got to give props to Cubby for her great portrayal of the Material Girl, even though I did think that is was Phyllis Diller for a minute.
The great thing about winning second place is the prize. You see I got a toy gun, and the winner of first prize won a coupon for a plate of cookies from the guys who live at the "Party Palace" where the party was held. I know that I would never have redeemed the coupon, so I can take comfort in knowing that I walked away with something.
So, in my smurfing opinion, this Halloween smurf was smurfarific.

No comments: