Monday, August 4, 2008

Today's List of Things That Must Go

It's been a few weeks since I have posted an enumerated weekly list of complaints, so here it goes:
1). Butt Parkers--Why do some people insist on backing their cars into parking spots? It irritates me to no end. I'm guessing that there is some theory of a quick escape if necessary. But when I see it in my parking garage at work(or at the grocery store), I know that it's less than likely that these folks are going to pull off a bank heist, and will need a quick escape. Besides that, in witnessing people backing their cars into a parking stall, it's apparent that it takes much more time ease your way slowly into the spot than to drive in forward and then back out fairly quickly when you leave. This must go (not always, but the people who insist on it every time they park must).
2).Cathy Mitchell--Well, not her in particular; she seems like a lovely lady, but the infomercial line "Who has the time?" must go. You see, I'll admit that I enjoy the occasional infomercial, and I have seen Cathy on quite a few of them. In fact, her latest endorsed item, the GT Express 101, is one that I personally find quite intriguing. What gets me though, is that while expounding on the great time saving benefits that the little machine offers, she says over and over "who has the time?" (to sit and wait for cinnamon buns to bake, or a chicken breast to cook, or what have you). Cathy, obviously someone who has nothing better to do than to spend 30 minutes watching you peddle a glorified George Foreman grill HAS THE TIME!!
3). 2:30 p.m. church--This is insane, we were informed yesterday, over the pulpit, that our congregation will be moved to a different meeting house about 1.5 miles away, which doesn't bother me much, but now we will begin at 2:30. Having a 3-hour church set means that we won't get out of our blasted meetings until 5:30. Come Sunday night football, I may have to start leaving a little early to make it home for some games. Ridiculous I say. I don't really think that it's fair that because we're the singles ward, we get stuck with the worst schedule possible--indefinitely at that.
4). John McCain--He must go. I'm sure I'll dedicate an entire post to my reasoning of why he's now a miserable human being, and is better suited to be the grumpy old man, sitting in a lawn chair, hand-watering his lawn while yelling at the "damn neighbor kids" for running over his hose with their bicycles rather than being the leader of the free world. But for now, suffice it to say that he must go. He complains that Barack Obama is "just talk," but he's not even that. Though Obama hasn't been entrenched in Washington the requisite amount of time to have the "experience" that the old codger has, at least he offers ideas. McCain doesn't even offer that, he offers bile, anger, a yellowed, slimy smile and a guarantee of four more years of the same failed policies that we're currently living with. So that grumpy old man must go.
5). People who try to make their testimony in Sacrament Meeting a stand up routine-- a joke or two is fine if that's your style, or if it puts you at ease to speak in front of a crowd, but seriously, when you go off on complete non-sequitur for the sheer purpose of a laugh--that ends up not being too hearty of a laugh at that--is not acceptable. 'Nuf said.

There are so many things that I think of, but never write them down. I'll try to keep better track of my annoyances as they come.

7 comments:

AmandaStretch said...

I am NOT excited about the 2:30 church. Yuck.

Agreed to number 5. Sometimes I wish testimony meeting were more like The Gong Show.

KaderTot said...

Yes, 2:30 church would suck. Cammie Jan's is 3:00. My addition to your list: American Airlines. Hours of delays on the trip out to Tucson is now being followed up by a return flight to Raleigh that is cancelled and re-routed, and then delayed. So, like many other recently-failed airlines, American needs to throw themselves into that same awful pit.

Jen said...

I just had to comment on your list today. I agree with most of them! I just had to tell you that in our building the singles get stuck with the crappy time as well, but I think you know what you can do to not be stuck in that bad of a schedule:) HA HA

Jon said...

http://theswamppeople.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-thought-birds-only-flew-into-clean.html

Some bird memories

Anne said...

on #1, when I lived in College Park, everyone, and I mean everyone backed into their parking spots. Drove me absolutely crazy. I like to refer to that ridiculous act as pulling a Marylander.

Shelley said...

Good list. I have always been annoyed by people who backed up. So dumb and makes no sense. I am glad I "got out" before 2:30 church. I did that in Vegas. The only good thing is you can sleep in AND take a nap before you even go to church.
Hope you check out the bird memories. Sounds lovely. :)

Chris Terrell said...

I back up in spots from time to time, but I have a back up camera in my car so A. It is really fun to use the camera. B. It is almost easier than pulling in front ways due to the camera, and C. I can get closer to other cars when I use the camera.

Other than if you have one of those, I don't understand why, there is a lot more blind spots, and you are right, with just a small window to see out of it is much harder to do.