Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tree Hugger

You may think that today, the first day back from a holiday (only my second this year--lame work calendar, I know), I would be posting something about my fun-filled weekend. If that's the case, you would be wrong my friend.
I have been woefully lacking on keeping the blog up to date. In an attempt to begin the catching-up, I'll share pictures from a trip that Mel and I took to the National Arboretum a few weeks back. This place is pretty darned cool--one of my favorite DC finds yet. If you're in the area you should check it out. If not, you should enjoy my pictures.

First, the Asian Gardens

Bonsai!!

This tree is nearly 400 YEARS OLD!! (but, it doesn't look a day over 200)

These are the original columns from the US Capitol Building

Melanie looking too-cool-for-school with her sweet shades, or pissed at the world, you be the judge (regardless, I think she's pretty cute).

Beautiful view of the Anacostia River (no dead bodies in it either).

Aren't we adorable under this magnolia tree? We had better be, it took about five tries to get this shot to work.

An artsy herb-garden pic.

And that's that. I hope you have enjoyed. Take a trip to see it up close. It's way cooler.

Oh, and one more picture:Don't forget to pet the Koi Fish on your way out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Bonsai!!! One day, I'll have my winter garden and surely, I'd love to have some of them over there!
Pictures look great and your girlfriend is really beautiful, Darin!! :)