Monday, January 12, 2009

Today's List of Things That Must Go

1). The BCS--How lame is it that the only undefeated team doesn't even have a chance to play for the national championship? It's a biased system, and I think there really should be anti-trust investigations into it. Sure, Florida looked like a good team on Thursday, but they barely beat Alabama, who Utah beat handily. And, if you're handing out national championships to teams who don't have the best record, USC and Texas looked good as well. The BCS system is a joke, and it must go.
2). "Black" Olives--I know there are green olives in this world. But you can't get them on pizza at any normal pizza shop, nor can you at Subway. I was standing in line and I over heard a man order "black olives" on his sub, and thought, "what other type would there be there?" It's a quirk, and doesn't really bother me, but it just seems unnecessary, and as such, should go.
3). Crooked Picture Frames--This is a big pet peeve, or rather, a minor compulsion of mine. I will straighten frames in others' homes if they can't see me. If they are crooked and out of reach, it will bother me for an entire evening. Case in point, last month I went to North Carolina to visit Kade. While there, we went to his friend's house for a game night. He had many frames that were off, but three in particular, that were in plain sight of everyone and out of my reach. They irritated me every time I looked in that direction. Today I saw a picture someone posted on Facebook, and saw that their living room pictures are crooked, and I even straightened a picture or two at the future in-laws while visiting for Christmas.
4). Not drying off partially before stepping out of the shower--I can understand if there is a wet footprint on the bath mat, but lately the mat in my bathroom is soaked. The problem is that if it gets wet, it air dries really slowly. This means that when I go in with just socks on, I step on a soggy mat, and it makes my sock wet. This is one of the worst feelings ever, wet socks. Like when you step on a spot of melted snow in your house without shoes on. It's just gross. I'm obviously going to have to say something to the offendor, but just thought I would mention it here first.
5). Can't think of a number five today. I had a thought last night as I was falling asleep, but can't remember it now. Too bad.

2 comments:

goo2girl said...

5. People who refused to take the day off for the Inauguration until they realized every bridge in VA will be closed and they absolutely cannot make it into work.

Jen said...

good list today although I do find myself saying black olives when I order pizza. Just think problem #4 will hopefully be gone in a few short months